and are back, and once again this week they tapped the TechCrunch roster for expert input. This week the Equity crew were thrilled to welcome back to the show!
All the cool kids are. We want to hear from you!
It was a hectic week, with little in the way of the traditional Summer Slowdown making itself known. So, here’s the show rundown!
- : In case you missed it, Apple had a big event this week. On tap were the usual run of software updates, and improved computers in both laptop and desktop format. And, you know, that other thing.
- (again): This is not Affirm’s first tie-up with Amazon, but investors are pretty excited that the pair of companies are once again linking arms. As we continue to wait for mega-unicorn Klarna’s IPO — — we are keeping our ears close the BNPL ground.
- : What has an IPO coming up and has this little podcast in a tizzy? Yep, it’s Cava, the fast-casual chain that, thanks to a dollop or two of venture capital money, we get to cover!
- : The SEC broke into its hammer closet so that it could go play whack-a-mole this week with crypto exchanges both foreign and domestic.
- : What has three parts and is now competing with itself? Sequoia. Think of it like an inverse Google, if you will.
- : It turns out that construction is not so good for the planet. And with a commercial real estate crisis brewing, can we add one to one and get five?
Next week, Equity is on vacation! We’re taking a breather before launching into another massive run of shows, but we’ll be back before you know it.
For episode transcripts and more, head to.
Equity drops at 7 a.m. PT every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so subscribe to us on, , and all the casts. TechCrunch also has a , a , one that and more!