The, resulting in 1000’s of flights staying delayed or canceled throughout the US. Whilst departing flights have since resumed, persons are nevertheless stranded in airports, waiting around for rescheduled flights to get them to their remaining locations.
Regretably, there is certainly no way to keep away from freak incidents like these, and so the only issue you can do is keep an eye on your flight as routinely as probable, to maintain a near eye on any other attainable delays, cancellations or gate changes.
Browse much more:
You could clearly get this information and facts from an airline application on your cellphone or by seeking at a flight information display screen program at the airport, but there is an less complicated way that does not include downloading everything or possessing to wander anywhere.
All of the flight info you need can be identified suitable on your Iphone — inside of your text messages.
How to track a flight via text message on your iPhone
Before we start, there are a few prerequisites you must meet:
- Make sure iMessage is enabled (it doesn’t work with SMS/MMS).
- You’ll need your flight number somewhere in your text messages, whether you’ve sent that information to someone (even yourself) or it’s been sent to you.
- The flight number must be sent in this format: [Airline] [Flight number], for example, American Airlines 9707.
Launch the native Messages texting app on your iPhone and open the text message thread that contains your flight information. You’ll know the flight tracker feature works when the text with the flight information appears underlined, which means it’s actionable and you can tap on it.
However, if your flight is still several months away or it’s already passed, you might see a message that says, “Flight information unavailable.” You might also see another flight that’s not yours because airlines recycle flight numbers.
Access the hidden flight tracker in different ways
Although the airline name/flight number format highlighted above is the best way to go, there are other texting options that will lead you to the same result. So let’s say we stick with American Airlines 9707, other options that may bring up the flight tracker include:
- AmericanAirlines9707 (no spaces)
- AmericanAirlines 9707 (only one space)
- AA9707 (airline name is abbreviated and no space)
- AA 9707 (abbreviated and space)
I would suggest you keep the airline name spelled out completely and add a space between the two pieces of information — like in the previous section — because for some airlines these alternative options may not work.
Track your flight in real time: View flight status, delays, baggage claim and more
Once everything is set, tap on the flight information in your text messages. If the feature works correctly, you should see the following two options appear in a quick-action menu:
- Preview Flight: View the flight’s details. Tap this if you want to view more information about the flight.
- Copy Flight Code: Copy the flight code to your clipboard (in case you want to send your flight details to someone else via text or email).
If you select Preview Flight, at the top of the window, you’ll see the best part of this feature: a real-time flight tracker map. A line will connect the two destinations, and a tiny airplane will move between them, indicating where the flight is at that exact moment.
Underneath the map, you’ll see important flight information:
- Airline name and flight number
- Flight status (arriving on time, delayed, canceled, etc.)
- Terminal and gate numbers (for arrival and departure)
- Arrival and departure time
- Flight duration
- Baggage claim (the number of the baggage carousel)
If you swipe left on the bottom half of the flight tracker, you can switch between flights, but only if there’s a return flight.
Your iPhone comes with many hidden features, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check outyou didn’t know you needed, and .