Hello and welcome back again to , a podcast about the small business of startups, exactly where we unpack the figures and nuance guiding the headlines.
, and obtained jointly with Maggie this week for our weekly roundup present, and for each regular, there was a good deal to speak about, such as the point that there were being even additional topics than normal to pick from as the summertime slowdown would seem to be fading absent.
What else did we get into? The pursuing:
- To kick off our Bargains of the Week, we talked about the truth that a startup which focuses on melancholy, suicidality and similar psychological well being situations in an work to prolong its telehealth prowess and, in certain, to extend its tech-facilitated ketamine-based mostly solutions. Never know what ketamine is? You are not by yourself.
- From there, it was time to speak about , which features some significant-profile LPs and partners, that is out to make investments solely in Latino(a) startup founders. We then dug into the hows and whys of a fintech enterprise that aims to get shoppers directly from their paycheck – a principle that took us a little bit to wrap our heads about.
- We then moved on to Robinhood and the news that the retail financial investment behemoth had – just 3 months after letting go of 9% of its workforce. The three of us experienced thoughts on CEO Vlad Tenev’s acceptance of duty for the layoffs, and of course, on just how a great deal dang information has surrounded the organization in the past 18 months or so.
- Subsequent up? We chatted about Y Combinator’s rather surprising selection – what that could imply for the early-stage venture scene. We also get into its enhanced check out sizing and in-individual return. So quite a few variables! Only a single experiment!
- And finally, we riffed about Uber and how the organization both of those optimistic absolutely free funds stream and but was deeply unprofitable in the next quarter (many thanks to Alex breaking that down for us).
And we experienced a blast to boot! See you following time!
Equity drops each and every Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on, , and all the casts.